Setting aside the type of recording device, I'm trying to understand these
interfaces - iMic and Hi-Fi Link. Apparently they allow you to translate
from analogue to digital; upload from a recording device to a Mac through a
USB plug without drivers. In addition, they process sound better than the
sound card in the Mac. Am I correct on all these points?

Hi-Fi Link says it works with PCs. Does it also work with Macs. I dont'
understand the difference between the Hi-Fi Link and the MD-Port I/O.

These devices apparently do not include a professional Mic jack.

In simple terms what does a soundboard do? Can you get a small one without
many controls? I assume these do have a profession Mic jack.

Thanks to all,
lily