I have a Pismo (OS 9.04) that worked fine up to now.  Last week, I upgraded
it to 9.1 to get it work with an Ethernet router modem.  The day after, it
begun to freeze after a few hours (2-3 hours) and just before this I heard a
slight inaudible metallic sound (somewhat like a bee) for a minute or two.
After I got it start again, everything seemed normal, the sound disappeared
but it froze 5 minutes later.  I tried several other start ups and the
freezing become closer and closer up to freeze in the middle of start up
(with clock switching on 1904).

At first I believed it to be a software problem and after letting it heat
down, I tried the various options (trashing the extensions, PRAM reset,
system reinstallation, etc).  Every time it started fine until it froze
again, and next crash came quicker and quicker, up to getting a blank screen
and no sound after five or six start ups.  Besides it got terribly hot!

Also, last night, it worked fine till a slightly moved my knee (I use it on
my knees).   Would this not be rather a hardware problem ?  Could the first
sound I heard come from the ventilator or is it the Hard drive itself ?

Help !

Lili