From: Andrew Kershaw alk(a-t)mac.com
>Subject: Thermal Paste Rules!
>
>I picked up a PowerLogix Blue Chip/WS 466 for my Wallstreet
>233MHz/512kB recently.  (A _very_ nice upgrade, by the way.  The
>Wallstreet now gives my Pismo 500 a run for it's money on most
>tasks.)
>
>As for the performance of the upgrade, MacBench is giving it CPU
>numbers in the 150% range (as compared to a beige G3 300), right up
>where my Pismo 500 is performing.  In otherwords, I just about
>doubled the performance of the stock WS II/233/512k, and I'm quite
>satisfied.

Thanks for the details Drew.
Since I'm not a power user I'm not all that motivated by the performance jump with the BlueChip upgrade. I'm not even sure where the stock 400 Mhz Lombard benchmarks.
I'm mostly shopping for insurance in case my stock processor goes belly up.
So I'll keep an eye out for either processor although the deal you got was about half what the Lombard OEM processors go for on E-bay.
Does the BlueChip need any software to run or do you just install the OS like normal?

--
Andrew in Ann Arbor
technology is the answer, what was the question?