I'm mostly shopping for insurance in case my stock processor goes belly up.
So I'll keep an eye out for either processor although the deal you got was about half what the Lombard OEM processors go for on E-bay.
Does the BlueChip need any software to run or do you just install the OS like normal?
The BlueChip for the Lombard should be plug & play. Turn off your PowerBook, switch processors, and start back up.

The Wallstreet is a bit trickier due to the different ROM revisions. PowerLogix had to implement some sort of EEPROM or other flashable memory on the CPU that stores the ROM. On the Wallstreet, you start up with the stock CPU and run PowerLogix's ROM grabber to copy the ROM to the hard drive. They do something funky like use a special OF boot file so that when you next restart your Mac, it runs special PowerLogix code to copy the ROM image from the hard drive to the CPU card's flash memory. The Wallstreet boots normally thenceforth.

But for Lombard it should be as easy as just swapping one CPU for another - no drivers needed. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I haven't looked to see what a BlueChip for Lombard goes for on eBay, but I'd bet it's a bit more than the $100 I got my BlueChip/WS for.

Peace,
Drew
--

Author of ClassicStumbler email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> web: <http://www.alksoft.com/>