Hello list
I've been commissioned to find a MAC powerbook or ibook for my sister.
She's an artist and needs a little more power than the 520 powerbook for word processing, spread sheets, photo editing and e-mail/web browsing.
I had been thinking an ibook might provide more horsepower per doller.
She's not inclined to poke around inside so i figured that if I got a decent ibook she wouldn't need to upgrade it.
However a little looking around Low End Mac suggests that most (all?) ibooks come without PC card slots which I am very fond of.
So I'm back to considering an older powerbook.
I'd like to be able boot to OS 9, I think that's what's on her computers at work (she's not sure).
CD drive is required, CD burner would be nice but could be external.
Floppy drive would be nice, could be external.
Battery life is not a huge issue, this will be used as a desktop computer most of the time.
She has a dial up ISP so built in ethernet or wireless is not particularly useful.
Reliability is probably more important than performance, she's in Santa Barbara CA and I'm in Michigan so I can't easily pop over and swap out parts.
Any thoughts? Recomended vendors?

Thanks

Andrew in Ann Arbor