Hey gang,
its been a slow grieving process since the loss of my lombard --and thanks to the people who sent a message my way, i appreciate it ( =

Since I'm a poor college kid, I've ruled out the need to get anything along the lines of a G4 powerbook. That means G3s are still in the game. I'm looking at the ever so durable iBook. Here are my questions:

1. I'm looking for either a G3 iBook, ~900mhz or a G4 ~800Mhz machine. I'd like audio in. Since I bought my last Gbook from the awesome members of this list, I wanted to ask here -- anyone have a spare machine around these specs that they'd like to find a good home for? I'm thinking a price around 650-700. If it has applecare, more. --This is what they seem to be going on ebay for, though I'd rather buy from someone here.
Something a Gbook member said awhile ago has stuck with me-- if you have to part with your mac, it feels much better to know its going into a good home, rather than to someone you don't know.

2. Considering that I'm going to be doing audio processing, flash work, and Max/MSP stuff, is an iBook in this range what i'm looking for? The lombard was fine so if someone has a powerbook g3 in good condition, i'll consider that too. I'm not terribly interested in anything under 333Mhz and it might be painful to re-purchase my machine (not quite the same, you know?) I need something rugged, so i'm sort of hesitant to buy anything with hinge/case issues. Am I off the mark in thinking that the iBook doesn't have this issue?

3. What the hell, if you have an old ibook in great condition, drop me a line anyway. The less money I spend here can go to groceries and bills. ( =

Thanks everyone, you've been wonderful ( : -Dylan Moore