>> On 09/07/04 13:09, "MacAddictvja" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> I am using the TinkerTool standalone application on my G4 iBook, OS X
>> 10.3.4. When I set up TinkerTool, one of the boxes to check said that it
>> would update the bookmarks without erasing the old ones. I was wondering if
>> that update is automatic, or if you have to manually re-import ALL of the
>> bookmarks again, and then go through and manually pick out only the new
>> bookmarks, and then toss the duplicates?

On 10/07/04 1:21 AM, "Laurent Daudelin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> That means that your previous bookmarks are kept, they are not replaced with
> the imported ones.

What Laurent mentioned is correct.

As for importing IE bookmarks, the option in TinkerTool (standalone
application) does not automatically import IE bookmarks into Safari. It
requires manual checking the option and restart Safari each time to import
the IE bookmarks. It is kind of a hassle if one is using more than one or
all browsers and want a consistent set of bookmarks at any one time -
URL-Manager Pro would be a better option then.

Regards
Tristan