on 27/07/2004 21:30, G-Books at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Well, if you want to replace the LCD, an Apple Service
> will be the more EXPENSIVE way.
> Apple will replace your screen with the same one, but
> there's a BETTER solution.
>
> What about a PANASONIC LCD with 180 Viewing Angle?
> I saw a web site of someone who replaced his Pismo LCD
> with a Panasonic one (the Pismo had an LG).
> I don't remember the address, but here's another.
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/scadboy/lcd/

Yes, that's a great article with excellent instructions for a DIY repair.

As the author himself asks, has anyone ever come across info on replacing a
Pismo LCD with a higher resolution screen? e.g., as in some PC 14"
notebooks?

This would be a fantastic upgrade to the superb Pismo. I'd even go back full
time to the Pismo from my TiBook 800, which I love for the screen real
estate, but not for the heat it generates or its wimpy construction as
compared to the workhorse Pismo. Am I dreaming....?

Chris