Zoltan Batiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just wanted everyone to know 'cause this is amazing!  I recently
> aquired an iBook. . .which originally shipped with 9.2.1.  The only
> CD-ROM I had was 9.0.2.  So, naturally, I won't be able to install 9 on
> it without the CD-ROM right?  Wrong!  I used Carbon Copy Cloner which
> is an absolutey amazing program.  No, I'm not advertising this, just
> helping out the author of this program and others who might be in the
> same situation.  I connected the iBook to my Pismo via Firewire, and
> using Target Disc Mode, made a "clone" of the HDD on my Pismo to the
> iBook!  EVERYTHING is on there, including 10.3.4 and 9.2.2. . .and
> works perfectly.  Wow!  Just wanted everyone to know, and if you would
> like to try out this great utility, the website is here:
> http://www.bombich.com.
>

> Just copy and paste it in your browser.  It's freeware, but he asks for
> donations.  After this, I'm gonna be donatin'!!

It's great to use and support tools like CCC.  But you should also invest in
a legitimate copy of OS X Panther for the iBook.  Or it may be cheaper for
you to buy the Family Pack.  Otherwise you are pirating software.
Presumably you agreed to the terms of the Apple license at some point in the
past.  Please note the following excerpts from my copy of the Single Use
License that came with my retail copy of Panther.

"IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE, DO NOT USE THE
SOFTWARE."

"2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.

A.  This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple
Software on a single Apple-labled computer at a time.  This License does not
allow the Apple Software to exist on more than one computer at a time, and
you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could
be used by multiple computers at the same time.  You may make one copy of
the Apple Software (excluding the Boot ROM code) in machine-readable form
for backup purposes only; provided that the backup copy must include all
copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the original."

"3. Transfer.  You may not rent, lease, lend, redistribute or sublicense the
Apple Software.  You may, however, make a one-time permanent transfer of all
of your license rights to the Apple Software provided that...."  Here
summarizing:  you transfer all of it, you do not retain any copies, and the
recipient agrees to the license terms.

--
Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God,