Does it charge the battery?

Other thing to check:

An Apple Service told me to remove the batteries (from
Expansion Bay and the PRAM Battery.
Now, without the AC Adaptor (without any kind of
energy), press "Command - Control - Start button" for
a minute. If you find a little "reset" button on the
main board, push it instead of the keys. Also push the
little reset button behind the PowerBook (near the
connectors at back)
Leave the PowerBook one hour like that (without energy
at all).
Then, put the PRAM Battery again and plug the AC
Adapter.
Check if Starts.
You don't have nothing to loose.

Here's a link to find the PRAM Battery if you don't
know where is located:

http://www.pbfixit.com/Guide/man.php?p=Pismo*00

I have my fingers crossed.

PS: Sometimes the Motherboard hangs and doing this,
the board can be fixed. If this is the case.

<http://www.mail-archive.com/g-books%40mail.maclaunch.com/>