On Aug 1, 2004, at 10:19 AM, Brian Braunschweiger wrote:

Will a Pismo boot OS X 10.3 from an external Firewire drive?

If so, until I can get a bigger internal drive I need to move Panther from my iMac to this external drive. I'm getting ready to sell the iMac.

Brian,

Download the freeware program called "CCC" which stand for Carbon Copy Cloner. This great utility will greatly decrease the amount of time it will take to move Panther and everything else to your new drive. You can this either via a firewire drive or through Target Disk Mode. CCC can be found here: http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html

Before you use this program, be sure you repair permissions on the source drive and make sure the destination drive has been wiped. After that, plug in the external drive to your iMac and boot CCC. With a click of a button, you'll be able to make a literal carbon copy, or clone, of your entire hard drive. . .apps, OS 9. . .everything. Once CCC is completed, you'll need to repair permissions on the newly cloned drive as well. The whole process should only take about an hour to two, depending on the size of the drives. Hope this helps,

Z THE BLUETOOTH MASTER