My Reply follows quote. On 05/08/2004 19:04 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>>My Reply follows quote. On 05/08/2004 17:48 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>>
>>>     * Macintosh computer with Mac OS 9.x or Mac OS X
>>>(version 10.1.x or 10.2.x) operating system
>>>
>>>           o Apple PowerMac G3 (Blue and White) or G4
>>>computer
>>>
>>>           o Apple PowerBook G3 Series 1998, G3 Series
>>>1999, G3 (with firewire), or G4 computer.."
>>>
>>>Does this include the Wallstreet PDQ?
>>--------------
>>The Wallstreet is either the G3 Series 1998 or 1999, can't recall
>>just which. Unfortunately their nomenclature is not specific
>>enought to state definitely that it supports the Wallstreet PDQ,
>>which is one varient of the "G3 Series" which followed the first
>>PowerBook G3.
>>
>>Ken
>
>Their nomenclature is perfectly specific enough.  It says PowerBook
>G3 Series.  The 1998 models were called PowerBook G3 Series (as were
>the 1999 series).  That's AppleSpeak for Wallstreet I/II/PDQ.  The
>PowerBook G3 (Bronze Keyboard) is the 1999 model, aka Lombaard/101.
>The PowerBook G3 (FireWire) is the 2000 model, aka Pismo.
>
>I find it highly surprising that there are people out there who know
>the _code_name_ of their PowerBook, but don't know the commercial,
>marketing, or product name!  Take 5 minutes, go to Apple's site, and
>read the documents on how to determine which model PowerBook you have.
>
>Man, there's so much FUD out there about model names among
>PowerBooks.  Thaaanks Apple.
>
>Peace,
>Drew
To clarify the confusion, Apple's manuals call them:

PowerBook G3 Series

PowerBook G3 Series
(Bronze Keyboard)

PowerBook (FireWire) is the latest addition to the PowerBook G3 Series
of computers.

The "code" names just add confusion as those names don't appear
in any "official" publications that I have run across.

Ken