Hi:
I have two laptops with no sound, a Wallstreet G3 and an Orange iBook.
Neither machine gives a Startup Sound, Modem Dial Sound nor will they play Music
CD's.
The G3 is running OS 8.1 and the iBook OS 9.2. I believe I have tried all the
sound/volume controls.

I bought my first Mac in 1994 and now have a collection of over 20 Macs and
these are the only two machines that have given me this problem. I believe that
the Sound problem might be the reason that when I try to load OS 9.02 on the
Wallstreet I get the message that the software will not run on this machine.
It will start from the install CD but will not load to the Hard Drive..
Thanks to one and all.
Cheers
Warren -aka- Yeoleman