on 07/08/04 10:18, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have two laptops with no sound, a Wallstreet G3 and an Orange iBook.
> Neither machine gives a Startup Sound, Modem Dial Sound nor will they play
> Music
> CD's.
> The G3 is running OS 8.1 and the iBook OS 9.2. I believe I have tried all the
> sound/volume controls.
>
> I bought my first Mac in 1994 and now have a collection of over 20 Macs and
> these are the only two machines that have given me this problem. I believe
> that
> the Sound problem might be the reason that when I try to load OS 9.02 on the
> Wallstreet I get the message that the software will not run on this machine.
> It will start from the install CD but will not load to the Hard Drive..

The AC/Sound board might be out. Do you get any sound when using a
headphone?

To install 9.2, you first have to install 9.1 then use the updater to go to
9.2 and then 9.2.2...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

brain dump n.: [common] The act of telling someone everything one knows
about a particular topic or project. Typically used when someone is going to
let a new party maintain a piece of code. Conceptually analogous to an
operating system core dump in that it saves a lot of useful state before an
exit. "You'll have to give me a brain dump on FOOBAR before you start your
new job at HackerCorp." See core dump (sense 4). At Sun, this is also known
as `TOI' (transfer of information).