on 8.8.04 4:29 am, Ken at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> My Reply follows quote. On 07/08/2004 15:47 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>
>> ...upgrade options
>>  for a wallstreet I 233mhz with a 12" screen.
>>
>> 1. can i change out the processor with a 250 or 292 mhz? how about a
>> wallstreet II processor? 233, 266, or 300 mhz? you know, anything with a
>> cache!
>
> Depends on the logic board. If you provide the ser# of the logic board,
> I can look in the manual to determine compatibilities.

820-0915-A (i think)

> Never heard the Wallstreet referred to as a "road apple." I like mine,
> a lot of folks do.

it's on LEM's top 10 road apples. but only the "main street" variety, the
233/cacheless. apparently, just the addition of the 512 kb cache in the
second incarnation nearly doubles the speed of the 233 model. ...but i
wanted to move up from the 1400, that's for sure!

also, in order to get to the lower ram slot, do you need to unscrew the
metal casing, & remove the hard drive?

oh, & the pismo is the firewire g3, & the hard drive & processor just "pop"
out, pretty much. just a philips head to get by the heat sink. still, i saw
someone else do it first, which made it a lot easier, i guess!

thanks for the info!!!