The quote below raises the query: Which should I buy?
Which is better, DiskWarrior or TechTool Pro?
Are there price breaks for those that purchase one and
want to try the other?
Don

" From today's MacFixIt:

1. Make sure your hard drive is in good shape: Boot
from the OS X
Install CD and run Disk Utility's Repair Disk function
(or use a
third-party drive utility such as DiskWarrior or
TechTool Pro).
2. When booted from the volume containing Mac OS X,
run Disk
Utility's Repair Disk Permissions function.
3. Install the update.
4. After rebooting, again run Repair Disk Permissions.

Note item #2.

Andrew Main

>I disagree. You should read Macfixit more often. Many
people have
problems
>after installing an OS X update. Better to be safe
than sorry. By the
way,
>the advice I gave comes straight from MACFIXIT.
>--
>Aaron Willems
>

>  > OSX isn't that fragile...heck *Windows* isn't
that fragile!