(I see I sent George 2 copies of my reply this morning instead of one
to the list -- sorry George -- so I'll re-send a copy to the list so
ya'll won't think that I ignored his question.)

The National Enquirer reports at 11:18 PM -0700 8/11/04, George
Mogiljansky wrote:

>--- Bob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > The National Enquirer reports at 2:17 PM -0700
> > 8/11/04, George
> > Mogiljansky wrote:
> >
> > >Hi G-Powerbookers,
> > >
> > >Using plain vanilla 10.2 without updates in a
> > >Wallstreet 300 MHz PDQ, internet access via dial-up
> > >with built-in modem; (getting very flaky connection
> > in
> > >a remote area (cottage country), so the line may be
> > >the problem).
> > >
> > >Which modem script is usable or native to the WS
> > PDQ?
> > >Thx
> > >George
> > >
> > >PS: after contacting my ISP, service improved
> > >dramatically (using the Hayes Accura 56k script).
> >
> > George,
> > Apple's modem scripts are okay, as long as you have
> > good phone lines,
> > then they have some serious drawbacks. "Very flaky
> > connection" does
> > not really compute on this end <g>, but I'll pass
> > along the same
> > information I shared with another list member who
> > was looking for
> > modem scripts a couple of months ago.
> >
> > The modem scripts listed below will be some of the
> > best ones that you
> > will find anywhere (especially for poor phone
> > lines). Ross is a modem
> > wizard. They are specifically configured for the
> > Apple internal 56k
> > modem.  They should work with the internal 56k modem
> > in any Mac
> > (PowerBook G3 Series, B&W G3, iMac, iBook, G4)  --
> > I've used them
> > with my PDQ -- as well as some Global Village modems
> > (those which are
> > V.90/K56Flex, not V.90/x2). And they're free.
> >
> > The only problem is that there is very little
> > explanation with them.
> > The best thing to do is to try them and see which
> > one(s) give you the
> > best results. Depending on what your exact problems
> > are and what you
> > want to accomplish (Do you just want faster
> > throughput? Do you want a
> > more stable connection? Are you having problem with
> > disconnects?),
> > you might want to start with a slow script and work
> > your way up until
> > you start to lose any gain that you have acquired.
> >

><http://www.taniwha.org.uk/files/RBScriptsFeb2001.hqx>
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Bob
>
>Thanks, Bob.
>If these are, in fact, OS X modem scripts,

I have used them in OS X (Jaguar).

>how or where do I install them in my Jaguar sys folder(s)?
>(I don't have OS 9 anywhere.)

All of my modem scripts are located in:

library/modem scripts/
(NOTE: that's not user's/library...)

Then select the script that you want from the Network => modem pane.
You may have to log out and back in to set the newly installed scripts.

Bob