on 12/08/04 22:58, Jonathan Newman at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2004, at 7:49 PM, MTH wrote:
>>
>> I can't really give you any advice on accessories, but if you plan on
>> using the trackpad at all then I suggest that you download sidtrack.
>> Here is the URL:
>>
>> http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/sidetrack/
>>

> Hmm, thats very interesting. I'm quite used to using PC laptops, and
> I'm not too worried about the functionality of the iBooks track pad.
> But that brings me to another thought. I really hate the single, or
> double click function that most track-pads seem to have out of the box.
> I'm always moving my finger off of the pad, and back onto it in order
> to get the pointer to go where I want it to go. When ever I do that my
> computers seem to think thats a click or double click and it all get
> confusing. So I usually turn that off. Anyways, will I be able to turn
> it off on my new iBook?

It's up to you. You can turn trackpad clicking on or off. Personally, I use
it all the time and NEVER use the clicker button on my PowerBook...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

card walloper n.: An EDP programmer who grinds out batch programs that do
stupid things like print people's paychecks. Compare code grinder. See also
punched card, eighty-column mind.