...... Original Message .......
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:30:18 -0500 "Mark Rath, LSW, Coordinator"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I was downloading RealPlayer and my connection was interrupted. Now I have
>an incomplete file on my desktop that I would like to trash. When I try to
>trash it I am told that the file is used by another task right now and to
>try later - I have tried everything - I have even shut down and restarted
>the computer and still get the same message. Now I have a file just sitting
>on my desktop that I can do nothing with.
>
>I have an iBook running OS 10.2.8
>
>Thoughts?

RealPlayer is the root of a lot of evil.

Oh, did you mean thoughts on getting rid of the file?

Open Terminal and type

rm  -f   Desktop/NameOfFile

if that doesn't work try

mv -f  Desktop/NameOfFile /tmp

and it should be deleted on reboot.

if it doesn't work, let us know the exact name of the file and what error
you get.