On Aug 14, 2004, at 4:50 AM, kaldav wrote:

Hello,
I am running OS 10.3.4 and using Internet explorer. When I double click a saved web page, and Expose moves the Explorer windows to the center, I see a file behind them which is labelled Hidden.
I can't find it to delete it, just see it.
In OS9 Sherlock could make desktop files visible. What does one do in Panther?

What's the file name?

1. Open Finder
2. Open Terminal, type 'cd ' (c then d and then space) do not press Return
3. In Finder grab the Desktop folder and drag and drop it to Terminal. It will add the path to your Desktop folder to the command line
4. Press return in Terminal
5. Now execute command ls -la in Terminal
6. If that file starts with . (dot) it is likely that it should be there. Those are UNIX user specific init files
7. Now you can type 'rm <filename>' - substitute <filename> with the file you want to get rid of
8. If that does not work you can add parameter -f if the file is a folder add -r

You may want to check the file name and send it back before you do this. You could break some things if you remove wrong file. Apple has bunch of files that are not shown in the GUI as they are parameters for it - like Icons, ...

Jan