...... Original Message .......
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 18:50:36 +1000 "kaldav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Hello,
>I am running OS 10.3.4 and using Internet explorer. When I double
>click a saved web page, and Expose moves the Explorer windows to the
>center, I see a file behind them which is labelled Hidden.
>I can't find it to delete it, just see it.
>In OS9 Sherlock could make desktop files visible. What does one do in
Panther?

This is why it is hidden, because people see files and assume they ought to
be able to delete them.

Don't delete files without knowing what they are!!!

There are apps (such as Cocktail IIRC) which let you reveal hidden files,
but realize that if you delete some of these such as /etc/ your machine
will not boot.

So it might be better to leave them hidden.

TjL