on 15/08/04 05:21, kaldav at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello,
> I would value people's suggestions regarding a laptop to purchase second hand.
> It needs to be faster than my 3400, run both OS9 and OSX, preferably
> able to boot into OS9 as I have software to run and little for OSX.
> What would be the model to get (a Pismo?), the optimum ram and hard
> drive size needed to run this effectively.
> Presently I have serial connection printers (Epson 600 and Apple
> Stylewriter 2500) but would not find changing the printer to USB,
> etc. a factor.

Well, if both printers are serial, then you would not be able to use them in
OS X, unless you get a USB to serial adapter like the Belkins' one. If you
do get that kind of adapter, then I would suggest a Pismo. Otherwise, a
Wallstreet might be better since it has serial ports but, remember, you
won't be able to run OS X and print. Furthermore, if you go with a
Wallstreet, the last officially supported version of OS X to run on it is
10.2, although the "hack" XPostFacto apparently lets you install 10.3 on a
Wallstreet and other officially unsupported Macintosh...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

flamage /flay'm*j/ n.: [very common] Flaming verbiage, esp. high-noise,
low-signal postings to Usenet or other electronic fora. Often in the phrase
`the usual flamage'. `Flaming' is the act itself; `flamage' the content; a
`flame' is a single flaming message. See flame, also dahmum.