Malcolm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>Has anyone seen a problem on a Lombard whereby it switches itself on ?
>
>The machine had been sitting idle for a few days and suddenly booted up
>while I was in another room.
>
>Any thoughts ?

Have your tried a total reset?, ie

remove AC adapter, battery and backup battery (for 15 minutes or so) and
put them back
boot up into Open Firmware pressing down the keys Cmd-Opt-O-F
type the following on the command line with a return at the end of every line

reset-nvram
set-defaults
reset-all

Machine will reboot after the last return, now do PRAM reset by pressing
down the keys Cmd-Opt-P-R while booting. Listen to the chime twice or so,
then release and let normal reboot take place.

Now, reenter settings like date and time and some others than have been
reset and turn off the computer and let it sit (or use it and turn it off
as usual).

The reason for this suggestion is that I'd suspect erroneous or scrambled
data in PRAM or NVRAM very well could cause this kind of behaviour. It's
my belief startupschedules must be stored in some form there. But no
guarantees......