on 16/08/04 23:27, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Howdee,
>
> I am having a problem with my Lombard 400mhz with OS 10.2.
>
> Two weeks ago, I took a HD out of a gussed-up Wallstreet (500mhz) that had OS
> 10.2, my 1st foray into OS X. Anyway, it has worked well until this evening.
> Now, when I try to start the laptop, it shows the white screen w/ the black
> apple, and the twirly thing at the bottom.
>
> ...and it just twilrs and twirls. The only way I can boot the machine at all
> is to use my OS 9 cd-rom; when I do, and go to the Startup Disk control panel
> on the HD, I can only choose the OSX startup, as I do not see one for OS9.

There are some problems with the hard disk, methinks. If you have the OS X
installation CD, try to boot from that CD. When you're in the installer,
there should be an option in the Apple or File menu to launch Disk Utility.
Try to repair the disk.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

coaster n.: 1. Unuseable CD produced during failed attempt at writing to
writeable or re-writeable CD media. Certainly related to the coaster-like
shape of a CD, and the relative value of these failures. "I made a lot of
coasters before I got a good CD." 2. Useless CDs received in the mail from
the likes of AOL, MSN, CI$, Prodigy, ad nauseam.