In a message dated 8/12/2004 11:43:36 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Luis Sequeira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
HP drivers are usually awful... may I inquire what is the version of
the driver you have? 6.3.6 (the one, regrettably, in the hp site the
last time I checked) is a total disaster. The previous, 6.3.4, is
 >better.
 [ ... ]

>HTH
Hmm, looks like I'm WAY out of date. when looking under the print utility it told me I was using 2.2.6. If the latest isn't very good, where can I get the second latest you mentioned?
Brian

Brian,

The version numbers are a bit confusing. My understanding is that the drivers included in the OS support only the printing operations, not scanning; and your number is probably up to date in this respect. To have the full operation of the psc one needs to have the appropriate driver from hp.
This appeared on their site as 6.3.6 (the last time I checked). When I tried to scan with this driver I got an alert saying something like "memory sharing not yet implemented". If you want to try and see if 6.3.4 works for you, e-mail me privately and we can try to figure out a way for you to get it (it is too big to e-mail, so I could probably upload it to some place on the web).

Luis Sequeira