My computer (PB G4) has been acting up all day. Locking up, etc etc for several minutes, all apps not responding, etc.

Then it will act fine again.

Then it will freeze.

I have checked the console.log and found this error MAN times in today's system.log. It does not appear in any other day.

        Aug 19 10:39:45 localhost kernel: disk0s3: 0x8 (UNDEFINED).

of course disk0s3 is my main hard drive.

Can anyone tell me what that error means? I am unfortunately away from home and do not have my OS X boot CDs or TechTools, so I will have to wait until tomorrow night to check to see if there is any problem that way... but that error looks bad.

Is there anything I can do to tell the OS not to try and access the bad part of the drive until I can get a replacement?

Thanks!

TjL