on 20/08/04 19:52, victoria.duggan at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> it might turn a bit sticky but try a bit of blue tac over the magnetic
> lock to the catch.
> as i think the lock has something to do with the sleep command when
> closed and engaged.

The iBook sleep is controlled by a magnet and a reed switch in the screen.

You could remove the magnet or disconnect the wires from the reed switch.

The wires from the logic board to the reed switch are the closest two of the
six which go into the grey connector next to the keyboard socket on the
logic board.

HOWEVER, it is my understanding that you shouldn't run an iBook like this
due to the risk of overheating and damage.

--
Best wishes

Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
http://www.pbfanatic.co.uk