I am sad to say that it looks like my beloved Pismo's CD drive is no longer working. In trying to load software (which opens fine on my newer G4 laptop), the CD keeps spinning and stopping and getting nowhere. After repeated tries, I got the CD to appear on the desktop, but that's about it!

I am seeking recommendations for a replacement. I would like it to be able to go into my existing expansion bay. Are there companies that will let you send the bay in and they will install it, or is this something I could do myself? I've installed memory, and a new processor on a G3 desktop, but that's about it. I don't want to spend too much money as this is an older computer.

Thanks for any advice and/or tips!

Kate