on 25/08/04 18:36, dan_A at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Aug 25, 2004, at 5:53 PM, George Mogiljansky wrote:
>
>> Hi Larry,
>> I personally know of a Mac-using graphics business
>> that keeps a 9600 PowerMac just for clients who use
>> older fonts.
>>> I still haven't dug deep inside OS X so I know very
>>> little
>>> about font storage, but I am aware that it works
>>> differently
>>> to OS 9 in the apps can store fonts where they like.
>>>
>>> I believe I have a problem as I create things in
>>> Freehand
>
> Guys- hi.
>
> I'm a graphic artist and I'm using QuarkXpress, AI 10, InDesign CS, PS
> CS and many other apps with Panther 10.3.5 and have about a 100 megs of
> "old" fonts that I copied over from around the time of 7.5 on, through
> now. They all work beautifully and I believe that the answer is
> "FontReserve 3.1.3" for OSX. It is a professional app and has been able
> to keep everything going very well. It's made by Extensis and is worth
> the money. I keep a folder of these fonts on a separate partition and
> FontReserve can access them there through aliases that the app can
> create or build its own font folder with the actual fonts. It is doable
> and I hope this helps.

I've been using my "old" fonts from my Classic System folder without any
problem in OS X. I don't use FontReserve and it works well.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

buzzword-compliant: [also `buzzword-enabled'] Used (disparagingly) of
products that seem to have been specified to incorporate all of this month's
trendy technologies. Key buzzwords that often show up in buzzword-compliant
specifications as of 2001 include `XML', `Java', `peer-to-peer',
`distributed', and `open'.