On Aug 27, 2004, at 8:06 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On 8/27/04 4:14 AM, "Larry le Mac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The ports on the AlBook are placed in the stupidest of places,
where I have my graphics tablet, the wires for network, my iPod etc.
all lie across my tablet...   :o(

You think this is an issue but by no means do we all agree with you. Some
like ports on the left, some on the right, and others in the rear. I happen
to think the stupidest place for ports is to the rear. I always seem to have
one cable too short forcing me to either bend over the computer to see it or
try to plug it in by feel alone.

Apple could have easily fixed these problems on my 17" AlBook by doing one of two things:

A) Putting a docking port of some sort in the notebook so that either they, or 3rd party companies could sell a docking station like most of the PC laptop manufacturers do. I can most assuredly state that had a docking station been available when I bought my 17" Powerbook, I would have bought one with the notebook. Hell, I would have taken a single port that breaks out into a box like some of the older Sony notebooks have. :)

B) Moving at least one of the firewire ports to the LH side of the notebook. They managed to get a usb port on each side of the machine, why not a firewire port as well? I'm sure it has something to do with only having one firewire bus or something like that.

Steve