Here is some specs on the RoamAbout card. I don't know if this is what they are selling. Maybe this will help.

http://www.enterasys.com/products/wireless/CSIxD-AA/

On Sep 6, 2004, at 11:58 AM, Andrew Kershaw wrote:

802.11DS is an ancient standard from before 802.11B that runs slower. It is
not used often. Check out this link:
http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/802.11.html
Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) as opposed to Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS)... 802.11 supported data rates around 2Mb/s - 802.11b is 5x faster.

Looks like Wegener Media is inconsistent. Is it 802.11b or 802.11? They claim:
This card offers full 10bT networking capabilities, full compatability with Airport base stations, and the entire 802.11 network system!

11mbs Transfer rate--cruise the web wirelessly as fast as your cable or phone line can connect!!

But they are also careful never to call it an 802.11b card.... So which is it?! Smells fishy. Anyone got one?

Peace,
Drew

--

Author of ClassicStumbler email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> web: <http://www.alksoft.com/>

Visit the PowerBook 5300 FAQ!
<http://www.alksoft.com/5300_FAQ/>

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |