Hi Bob.
I beleave the DS in the card discription is marketing fluff.

If you look back at the Lucent advertising they were using all sorts of
words like Turbo, High Rate, ect.

The card is a OEM Version of the Lucent WaveLan. It is available with 64WEP
and 128WEP

The one you want will say the following part number on back. CSICD-AA-128.
That has the FCC channels in it with 128 WEP. Others are available for
Europe, Japan, ect.

Here are some links about the card.
For the Cabletron/Enterasys RoamAbout 16-Bit PC Card
http://www.enterasys.com/software/RoamAbout/CSIxD/mac/
Supports OS 7.5.2 through 9 on PowerBooks 190, 1400, 2400, 3400, 5300, G3 &
G4 series. Software v4.0 & 4.02

For the Cabletron/Enterasys RoamAbout Card
http://www.enterasys.com/support/manuals/hardware/9033599.pdf
http://www.enterasys.com/support/manuals/hardware/4062_03.pdf
Manuals & Specifications

Be sure to use version 6.00.4  or higher of the Lucent or Orinoco drivers.

Version 6 is the first one WiFi certified.

Hope this helps.

Ken Vann