On 09/09/04 17:09, "Bruce Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2004, at 1:33 PM, invicta wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> Machine is AlPB 1.33 GHz, 1.5 GB Ram, running OS X 10.3.5
>>
>> Had this a few weeks ago but it recovered by itself. Now it's back
>> again. No response from my keyboard. My wireless keyboard works
>> allright so I don't think it's a software problem. Any suggestions or
>> is it time to approach AppleCare?
>
> That sounds like a loose keyboard connector. Time to call AppleCare,
> since in the Al series the kb isn't user-serviceable, iirc.

Is the keyboard in the new Aluminum PowerBooks similar to the older G3
Series? e.g., can you just lift it up and check for a loose connection from
the keyboard ribbon cable? They don't seem to be exactly the same because,
on my PB17, I don't see the little switch to release the keyboard....

I guess I'm just trying to suggest the original poster to see if he can
check for a loose keyboard ribbon cable before making the call (and possibly
the trip) to AppleCare and being out of his PowerBook for some time...

-Laurent.