On 10 Sep 2004, at 14:16, G-Books wrote:

That sounds like a loose keyboard connector. Time to call AppleCare,
since in the Al series the kb isn't user-serviceable, iirc.

To check this assumption I carefully tapped the front two corners vertically on my 'real' desktop. I chose the front as normally one closes the PB by turning it on it's small back so tapping in the opposite direction might 'reset' the connection.

Assumption confirmed, the keyboard works.

I have to inform Laurent that the PB 17" has no little switch to lift the keyboard out. I have the service doc on my PB but the accessibility is daunting so Ill check first with AppleCare as we have an Apple Store in the neighborhood who might fix this at short notice.

Shall report on the outcome.

Many thanks and greetings, Andre.