On 10/09/04 11:01, "K" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Greetings 'Listas,
> I was just checking out some info in the System Profiler in 10.3.5 on
> this Pismo and peeked in the Extensions folder under the Software
> section.  While scanning through the list I saw that under the item
> IODVDStorageFamily Version 1.3.1 it shows something called  Valid as NO
> and Dependencies as INCOMPLETE.  it also shows the IOCDStorageFamily
> Valid as NO..but the Dependencies shows SATISFIED.  The last Modified
> date for both DVD/CD files shows as 5/12/04...Right about the time that
> the DVD portion of the LG drive died....  The times show as 8:53pm for
> the CD item and 8:54pm for the DVD item...
> Does anyone have any idea what this stuff means and if it is critical to
> the safe operation of the CD/DVD player?  There are a few other items in
> the list that show NO under VALID but YES under AUTHENTI and SATISFIED
> under the DEPENDENCIES list.
> I wonder if this is responsible for the DVD unit showing up twice in the
> ATA Device Tree along with the Toshiba HD...
> Thoughts and/or suggestions appreciated..

I'm not sure about the "Valid" attribute, but I think that the dependency is
about other extensions that are needed for that one to work. This is off
memory, so I could certainly be wrong. I'm not sure that the extension would
be able to diagnose as to whether the drive is in working order or not. This
is purely speculation but I've never heard that specific extensions driving
hardware are able to diagnose if the hardware is running fine or not.

Is your LG drive working or not?

-Laurent.