>> 533333332 on my 867 Mhz 12¨Power book. Strangely it is the same whether
>> I run on battery or plug-in.
>>
>> I've check my energy saving settings and it is supposed to run at
>> maximum processor performance when plug-in and minimal when on battery.
>> Still the speed is the same.
>>
>> Can it be a bug in the power management software?
>>
>>> Hmmm.. 533333332 on a 867 Mhz 12" Powerbook.
>>>
> It could well be a bug. So far, I haven't seen, I think, any PowerBook at
> less than 1GHz reporting the correct speed. Don't know if there is some
> relation with the speed and the revisions of the various models. It's like
> the CPU temperature. Some models won't report accurate readings while others
> will...

This was debated before, and I can't remember what the outcome was.

HOWEVER I moved to a G4/1Ghz a few months back and was disappointed by the
performance, it seemed no faster than my previous G4/667 GE.

I ran Xbench and got a mate with a G4/800 iBook to do the same - on Xbench
his was out performing mine.

Processor speed was showing mine as a 667 - which is I believe the slowed
processor speed on the 1Ghz - on both battery and mains.

I slipped a new HD in and did an install of OS X and the speed improvement
was dramatic, Xbench figures were now much higher than the iBook and the
speed was now shown as 1Ghz.

The only thing I can think of was the HD had been moved from the previous
667 without a reinstall and I wondered if in some way the processor speed
was fixed at the lower speed as a result of this.

--
Best wishes

Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
http://www.pbfanatic.co.uk