leif halvard silli said:

> I have a Wallstreet 1998 and to the right of the
>trackpad is situated one of the two expansion bays.

I know this very well, but I was more thinking about pressing down on
keys of the keyboard, which is right on top of the cooling plate. You wrote:

>THe link to the te shortcuts must be simply that I press the
>keyboard a littl e bit harder when I use a shortcut "

and also:

Even if you also wrote:
> If only I
>press the space to the right of the trackpad, and also the right part of
>the kayboar, creates the crash.

this doesn't mean you can rule out the CPU seating completely. I'm not
saying it's particularly likely to be the cause either. One other
possibility is that any pressing on the top part or affecting the top
part affects the PMU or a cable connected to it. The PMU in my experience
if malfunctioning can shut down the WS. But there are more possibilities
of course.

Also, another reason for my reseat suggestion is that some problems with
WS-machines I've dealt with have been solved simply by taking apart the
machine and putting it together again (very thoroughly). One of them had
the exact symptoms you describe except that it was pressing on the CD-
Drive bezel that caused immediate shut down.