Pismo 500:1gb ram:40gb Hitachi 5400:Matshita UJ-825B DVD-R:OS 10.3.5
I have owned a BTI battery for about a year and a month ago the capacity was holding
well at 99/100% (about 4 hours for mild use). One day I looked up to see that my
battery had stopped charging at 69%. I was unhappy of course and went through the
extensive efforts of OF resets, PRAM resets, PMU resets, charging in other bay, etc.

No improvement at all. In fact it dropped to 67% and held.

Within a week the battery would only charge to 29% - now it is holding a 27% charge
which lasts all of 20 minutes with Airport running.

Any experience with losing a third of your capacity at a time? This battery shouldn't
crap out so blatantly after only a year, right? At $140 bucks I don't feel like I got
my moneys worth at all. Has anyone RMA'd a BTI battery before?

I am also interested in the Newertech 7200mAh battery. Any reports?