Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 01:03:25 -0500
Subject: Re: Pismo vs ibook?
From: Tom Ethen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The iBook 500 has a slower bus then the Pismo which is one reason it is
faster. I have a Pismo 500 and an iBook 600 and the Pismo is more user
friendly for upgrades in hardware, where the iBook is much nicer to travel
with.

Tom

The bus speed is the same 100mhz. The Pismo is more expandable, upgradeable, and easier to replace broken parts. It's also larger and heavier.
One thing for the original poster to remember is the iBook 600 came in two configurations - 8MB and 16MB VRAM (Pismo and iBook 500 have 8MB). 16 is the minimum for Quartz Extreme support, which speeds up OSX from about 10.2.3 and on. Everything 700mhz and higher has at least 16VRAM.

---
JSH
TiBook