This is an interesting discussion that seems to be
fracturing in a lot of tangents which are also
interesting. Perhaps some "Subject" modification might
clarify the tangents.
Perhaps we should have asked the original author what
was intended.
on 19/09/04 15:14, Jim Katz at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I run system 9.2 on an original clamshell ibook and
a Ti-400.
>Whenever I get that message "Software Update found
the following...." message I don't know quite what to
do.  Things are working more or less okay at the
moment.
> Do I let in the new update?  Will it improve things
or screw it up again??
> The latest: on the G3 clamshell it wants to update:
> Applescript
> Authoring Support
> CarbonLib
> iBook Firmware
> Airport Sotware  (I use an original Airport base
station and cards.)
> Will I be making a dumb move to let these updates
happen next time they show up?

As I understand it, the original author was only
interested in system 9.2 or not? Was he asking if the
updates would screw it up? By saying "again??" did he
mean that there was a previous problem discussed not
tied into the Subject? Or, since it seems that he is
normally running OSX, is he asking how this impacts
9.2? Or, is he asking what all these updates do (which
we would all like to know. So we need to go to the
Apple site and hope that we understand all the
details, rather than having a brief capture of who
"needs" it. Which was the question, wasn't it?
Then the list of individual updates... the original
author recognizes Airport Software as a concern. Does
he use Applescript, or does he need Applescript for
some hidden, mysterious reason? And what the heck is
"Authoring Support"? "CarbonLib"? "iBook Firmware"
Well, duh? ...sorry, but we all need realize that this
is not just an experienced Mac-user or tech.dialogue.
I love the Pro-opinions and the intro-to-mac dialogue.
I do see a problem with communication.
respectfully',
 Don