The National Enquirer reports at 1:01 AM -0400 9/21/04,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>At 04:09 PM -0500 09/20/2004, John Slavin wrote:
> >I haven't own virus software for quite some time, but my wife is
> >attending seminary and in order to connect our iBook to the school's
> >network, we have to have virus software installed.  I know Norton
> >Antivirus is still around, as is McAfee's Virex.  I see Apple sells
> >something called Virus Barrier X.  What do you all think is the best
> >right now?
>
>Go with Norton or nuthin.

If you can overlook Intego's recent moral discretion, VirusBarrier
has a pretty good reputation. You don't have the nuisance of having
to deactivate it when installing new software, and the VirusBarrier
menu is available from the menu-bar at all times, giving you
immediate access to the program.

It includes Intego's NetUpdate function, which allows you to check
for virus and program updates via the Internet, either automatically
or manually. And, significantly, it will operate  entirely invisibly,
with no interruption or performance hit whatsoever.

  <http://www.intego.com/virusbarrier/home.html>

Standard disclaimer. Just sharing what I've picked up along the way.

Bob