I have a friend who for some reason cant post here. He has a problem Lombard that used to boot, but dropped into OF after the bong, giving the following display:

MacOS:  Boot Failure! (0xF3C481F6)
MacOS: ROM checksum failure!

Apple Powerbook1, 1.1of1 BootROM built on 04/060/99 at 10:21:59
Copyright 1994-1999 Apple Computer, Inc.

Welcome to Open Firmware.
To continue booting, type "mac-boot% and press return
To shut down, type, "shut-down% and press return.

ok
0>_

He tried to continue but no keystrokes appear on the screen. Same for trying to shut down. After pulling the AC and battery it now appears to be completely dead, not even giving a bong. Its a 256 MB /400 MHz Lombard

Any ideas ?

thanks,

Mad Dog