From: G-Books [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anne Judge
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2004 6:34 AM
To: G-Books
Subject: Re: My wallstreet and its booting

On Sep 25, 2004, at 12:50 AM, Dan Palka wrote:

> The Wallstreet chimes, then does nothing for almost a minute.
> NOTHING.  Not a blinking question mark, not a blank gray screen, but a
> DARK (a.k.a. NOT operating) screen, no hard drive noises, no cd
> noises, no noises whatsoever for a minute after the chime. . .
> Basically, the computer fails to operate or function in any computerly
> way for about 45 seconds after chime.

> On Sep 24, 2004, at 11:07 PM, Andrew Kershaw wrote:
>> A pair of my Wallstreets suffer from the same problem. . . In case
>> people aren't understanding, this delay occurs AFTER the boot, but
>> WELL BEFORE the ROM starts to boot the Mac.

My WallStreet always did that.  The exact same thing.  I've heard the
same from many others on this list back when WallStreets were more
common.  I'm surprised others don't recall the same thing. I have no
idea what's going on, and don't remember a solution EVER being
presented that actually worked, but it's not unusual.

Anne