Here's a link about a guy with about 50 OS's installed using VPC on a 17" 'book.

http://www.kernelthread.com/mac/vpc/

I have not tried VPC 7 but have never had issues installing any OS on VPC 6 and unless someone gives me a G5 system, I guess I won't be needing VPC 7 anytime soon.

I remember using VPC 5 (I think) which recognized my 3DFX card on a PM8600/250 so I could play Pandemonium using the card for hardware acceleration, glide drivers worked on Win98.

Iain