On Sep 28, 2004, at 9:33 AM, shane hartley wrote:

ARE YOU KIDDING! InDesign CS is the best layout program I've used and I've
use a lot!

Well that could be your personal preference. But after you've gotten so used to Quark, you almost feel you HAVE to use Quark out of respect for what they've done. Not to mention Quark just feels more powerful and responsive. InDesign is very VERY slow. At least on this G3. Quark on the other hand feels as fast as 4.0. Speaking of which, Quark 4 can still be used quite wonderfully on a Quadra 800 in a modern work environment (amazing!). Quark may not have made "massive" advancements in years, but that is because it already made HUGE GIGANTIC ENORMOUS advancements in the past that pushed it wayyyy ahead of its time, and only now is Adobe catching up.

Quark allows you to be more productive on older hardware, as well as newer hardware.

Sorry I'm just a HUGE fan of Quark and that hit a nerve.  I'm crazy!