Thanks Bruce.

Is the 3am cleanup done on any particular day?

Can I see that somehow on the hard disc?

Maria B

From: Bruce Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: OSX and "re-building desktop"?
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:07:47 -0700

On Sep 28, 2004, at 3:50 PM, MMB wrote:

Hi:

I am a long-time Mac owner and have kept my previous machines happy by
regular desktop re-building. I have been using my Powerbook G4 867 for
three months now and I am concerned. SOme cleaning up and tidying must
be needed but how.

If you don't leave the system on overnight at least once a week, get something like MacJanitor and manually run the various cron scripts that normally run at 3AM. This rotates logs, cleans up temp files, etc etc.

There is no 'desktop' to rebuild, per se.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |