You know what, I'm not sure I asked this very clearly in the first=20
place. Let me elucidate. The answer may still be the same, but=20
question is slightly different. :-)

If a person already has his drive partitioned into 2 partitions. If=20
he has already installed OS X, but didn't install the OS 9 drivers=20
when he installed OS X. Then subsequently he installs OS 9 on the=20
second partition (he still can't install the OS 9 drivers without=20
reformatting the drive). Now...

Can he boot into OS 9 from the OS on the second partition?

He = me.

I just answered my own and your question.

I booted in OSX from the HD. I popped the 9.2 CD in, and selected it as the startup disc. It restrarted in 9.2 from the CD and I successfully installed it on the 2nd partition.

But now I can't get it to boot to 9.2 from the second partition. It is recognized in the list of "startup discs" in System Prefs, though.

Think there's any way I could actually start up in OS9 now?

BTW, it miraculously did fix the LCD backlight program in OSX.. so at least that good came of it.

-Dave