The cache memory has gone on my Lombard, so I need to (A) replace the
processor card, (B) get an upgrade card that can replace the processor
card, or (C) part it out and hope to find a better laptop for a
reasonable price. (C) is unlikely, since I'm unemployed and don't have
any spare money.

So: clues for sources of reasonably priced 400MHz processors? Or for an
upgrade card? (Assuming one would work.) I've seen the ones that run
$300+, and I just can't afford that.

While the case is cracked, and assuming I can find something I can
afford, I might be able to put in a new hard drive with a larger
capacity than 10GB. Again, any recommendations would be very helpful
indeed.

Thanks, as always, for your wisdom and help.

Lynn

=====
There is science, logic, reason; there is thought verified by experience. And then
there is California. --Edward Abbey

http://www.unnaturalhistory.blogspot.com