Try the Cypress driver:

http://www.versiontracker.com/php/search.php? mode=basic&action=search&str=cypress%2C+usb&plt%5B%5D=macosx&x=13&y=8

Shawn

On Oct 3, 2004, at 5:50 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

At 08:34 AM -0700 10/03/2004, Bruce Johnson wrote:
On Sunday, October 3, 2004, at 03:05 AM, cwrayfield wrote:

I have a Pismo w/G4 upgrade, OX 10.3.5. I'd like to download photos from an Olympus SmartMedia card. An OSB reader (by PNY) I bought at Staples said it didn't need a driver, but it wouldn't mount.

Apple lied. And the manufacturer didn't double-check.

Our brand new 15" PB G4, with Panther, cannot talk to 4 of our 6 media readers. One no-name multi-format reader worked without a driver. Got our ZiO! USB SmartMedia Reader working by using an ancient driver that the Microtech web site says to NOT use on Jaguar or Panther.

After 2 hours on the phone with Apple, I found out that OS X only "directly supports *some* camera media card readers", and "no, a list of the supported readers is not available".

I suspect something's wrong with the reader. I've never found one yet that needed a driver in OS X.

Wow have you lucked out, Bruce! :)

Any ideas how to make a HD in a IDE->USB box mount on Panther? The drive came from a PB G3 (OS 9.2.2; Jaguar). It mounts right up on another PB and an iMac - both in OS 9. But won't mount at all in OS X 10.1.5 or Panther.
(Apple's peripheral support SUX)

- Dan
(in ultra-frustration mode over these two issues; starting to regret our purchase of the new PB).

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |