My two cents...I recently migrated from a 466SE iBook to G4 867 Aluminum 12" PowerBook and couldn't be happier. I haven't run anything like scientific measurements, but my perception is that my Airport range is about the same, which is to say quite good...anywhere in my house or yard, at the least. I'm using a Linksys 11b WAP, though I wouldn't think that would be significant.

I don't know how that compares to the various Ti models, but I give you that datapoint...

Travis